CANCEL YOUR SHELL ENERGY CONTRACT IN SECONDS
Shell Energy Retail Limited, originally First Utility, is a British company providing 100% green energy to households, innovative home technologies, and broadband. It offers bespoke low-carbon supply options of energy to businesses in the UK and a leading range of dependable and creative energy solutions to large-scale companies globally. Founded in 2008, it is a subsidiary of Royal Dutch Shell plc.
In October 2013, the Coventry-based firm was named the seventh-largest producer in the United Kingdom. By September 2014, the organisation had achieved a 2% market share and garnered over 700,000 consumers by March 2019. Shell Energy decided to buy the consumers of Green Star Energy, a brand of Canada’s Only Energy, for £10.5 million in October 2019. In 2020, they received the Excellent Customer Service Resolver Award and Reader Recommended by Good Housekeeping.
Benefits of Having a Shell Energy Contract
● They collaborated with Sonnen, a world-leading battery storage manufacturer and an affiliate of the Shell family, to extend the Solar Storage tariff. Loyal customers earn unique solar credits during summer that help to reduce winter energy bills.
● Another partnership acquired is with HomeServe, creating the possibility for customers to enjoy convenient replacement services for their boilers. This comes with a 5-year warranty. Disposal of the old boiler is an additional service offered.
● Using their latest smart technology, one can easily monitor and manage energy usage to better control heating.
● Customers use the app to make payments even when on the go easily.
● Customers get Go+ rewards, personalised offers, and random surprises by fuelling at Shell service stations.
How to Unsubscribe from Shell Energy
If moving homes or changing energy suppliers, contact the customer service cancellation department during working hours to lodge your termination request. This should be done before midday on the day prior to the switch. For broadband services, they will require at least 14 days’ notice within which the broadband service is moved to the new home.
Based on the tariff, clients are billed an exit fee. There is no charge when one is on the Variable Tariff, and cancellation can be done any time. If on the Fixed Tariff, one is fined an exit fee if termination is more than 49 days before the tariff expires.
Required Documents to Request a Cancellation and Company’s Contact Details
Cancellation requests are made via phone or email using the account number. No forms require filling.
- Customer Services – 0330 094 5800
- Cancellation Requests – 0330 094 5801
Shell Energy House,
Westwood Business Park,
Registered in Wales & England 05070887 (company number)
- Banking & Payments
- Internet & Mobile
- Movies & Series
- Political Party
Alternatives to Shell Energy
An energy supplier company ought to be reliable and offer renewable energy to reduce the carbon footprint. An efficient customer care department is a necessity in case of any outages of emergency queries. Similar alternatives include:
● ON Next Energy
● Octopus Energy
● Co-op energy